Our highly trained and experienced technicians are a click away ready to support our customers whenever needed. Colex has implemented a Self-Service Center to provide our customers with technical support, FAQs, how to videos and much more. Presently 95% of all service tickets placed through the Self Service Center can be resolved remotely. On average a Colex support technician will contact you back within an hour.
Need replacement parts for Fotoba and Sharpcut? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a ticket in the Self Service Center.
Register for our Self Service Center
Field Service Technician Colex Finishing – Elmwood Park, NJ 07407
U.S. Manufacturer and International Distributor of cutting and finishing equipment for the wide format printing/packaging industry has an immediate opportunity for an experienced full time field service technician. Great benefits.
The primary role of the Field Service Technician is to facilitate installation, training, and perform service repairs for our CNC finishing equipment. The Field Service Technician must possess exceptional customer service skills as well as have the technical ability to troubleshoot mechanical/electrical issues. Must be able to travel domestically and internationally (Have a valid passport). Travel is up to 75% of the job.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Installation of equipment at customer’s facilities
- Training customer’s employees on the proper usage of the equipment
- Field Service and repair at customer’s facilities
- Disassembly/Re-assembly of equipment to diagnose and repair
- Use of Multi-meter for diagnostic purposes
- Accurately document all customer service visits in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Utilize and understand service manuals and shop drawings.
- Maintain a high level of integrity and professionalism
- Good organizational skills, self-motivator and have good follow up skills
- Have ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Maintain a positive can do attitude
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and passport
Preferred Experience/ Skills:
- Must be able to manage customer situations in high speed production environment.
- Excellent communication skills with customers and coworkers.
- Possess a high level of trouble shooting skills and provide a superior level of customer service.
- Working knowledge of PC’s and windows based operating system.
- Able to utilize Microsoft Office. Preferred knowledge of either Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, or any RIP software (i.e. Onyx Caldera, etc.).
- Mechanical aptitude with experience in disassembly and reassembly of mechanical components.
- Ability to use a multi-meter and a basic understanding of how AC/DC circuits work.
- Training for our specialized equipment is provided, however, the preferred candidate has experience in the printing or sign building industry, experience with CNC finishing equipment or Photoshop.
Please send applications to email@example.com